Monday, July 23, 2012 @ 12:08 AM | 0 Comments

Just read Nazlin's post below about the Big 3. I too read this article today and I fully agree with what they said.

They were totally right about how SM has this "system", where they create groups based on the same "criteria" just because they worked previously. Like for example, Super Junior. When Sorry, Sorry came out, it was so successful (I won't need to state how successful exactly because I am pretty sure all of you know how big it was eg. every time Kpop was mentioned you would hear Sorry, sorry) that SM used that reason to produce 2 consecutive title songs in the same style as Sorry, Sorry. But was it successful? No, cause people got bored of it. Or maybe Girls' Generation even. Super Junior was a success, create a girl version of it. I'm not saying that they are TOTALLY similar. There are of course differences in some music styles or images but the concept is the same: A group of good looking people who hare talented.

Another thing mentioned was the amount of investment and effort they put into debuting a new group. I'm pretty sure you guys know how much hype was created for EXO's debut. 24 teasers and all that, definitely got people excited. I know cause I was so so excited for this group. I wasn't disappointed with their debut, not at all. But they reminded me of Super Junior and maybe that was why they didn't stand out to some people. But look at B.A.P. They debuted a few months before EXO but they were making it to the top 20s and top 10 even in music shows like Music Bank, Inkigayo etc. EXO peaked at around 20 something in Music Bank on the first week before falling all the way to 40 something and eventually didn't even make it to the top 50. It's sad to see this happen because they are not bad, heck they are so talented! But it was just that they didn't stand out as much as certain rookie groups did in terms concept and uniqueness.

JYP.....he produces all the songs. Which means a group will always have the SAME style all the time. Would anyone disagree with me if I said all of 2PM's title songs are nearly the same?

YG, they seldom appear on other broadcasting stations other than SBS. Which is true because how often have you seen any YG artists perform on Music Bank or appear on vareity shows on other stations? This is quite dissapointing because if some other fans around the world (like me) could only tune to a broadcasting station which is not SBS, they would not be able to see Big Bang or 2NE1 a lot because they just don't appear on them. How are you going to keep your fanbase yo?

I'm not saying that these companies aren't great and I'm sure that was not what Star Today was saying either but these are some of the weaknesses or mistakes should I say, that these 3 companies are making which would jeopardize their idol groups' popularity in the long run.



-Rachee

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

{ }