Tuesday, July 3, 2012 @ 9:58 PM | 0 Comments


Before I start this lets take a moment of silence to appreciate the fact that SM has finally steered Super Junior away from their Sorry, sorry phase.

Okay now that we are done lets continue. I started liking Super Junior around their Bonamana period. The song was catchy, beat was good, it was not bad, I liked it! Then I went back to listen to Sorry, sorry properly (Not just sorry, sorry repeated over and over again) and I was like “Ah, Bonamana is quite similar to this, SM must be trying to recreate the Sorry, sorry craze.” Then I waited patiently for the 5th album to come out and when it did I found myself going “Not again?!” I was starting to get bored of their title songs and this was bad. I honestly thought A-cha would’ve been a better title song.

For this album, I think SM has finally come to realise that Sorry, sorry was their peak and it was impossible to recreate the hype and popularity they gained. Can I just say how glad I am that Sexy, free and single is nothing like Sorry, sorry, Bonamana or Mr Simple?! Okay fine, maybe it had abit of the autotuned thing going on but this song is definitely slower in pace and shows a different side of Suju. And most importantly, they don’t repeat their song name over and over again in their chorus! I just love this song. Love it! Love the electronic kinda background tune, love Ryeowook and Sungmin’s parts where they go real high, love the chorus and I love finally being able to listen to Kangin’s voice again! Good to have you back buddy! I wont talk about the video just yet cause I haven’t watched it at the moment and I don’t want to make this post too lengthy. Rants and opinions on it shall be on another post!

The rest of the songs are also quite different from their usual stuff (except their ballads). I like how they are experimenting with different styles now. FINALLY SM, IM SO GLAD YOU DID IT! <3 Now and Rockstar are real good examples. Rockstar reminds me so much of a LMFAO song seriously! D: Butterfly I think is more like the Be my girl of Sexy, Free and Single. From U is written for ELFs and I think it’s a really nice song if you are sitting down in your living room, sipping a cup of coffee and reading the papers. Kinda give me the Sorry, sorry answer feel. Just a teeny bit. The four left (Someday, Bittersweet, Daydream and A ‘Good’ Bye) are more for the vocals. Most of them leaning towards the ballad side. Only downside this album, I didn’t really like the ballads in it which is quite surprising since I always LOVE the ballads in Suju’s album (Coagulation, Your Eyes, Storm etc).

Personal favourites:
-    Sexy, Free and Single
-    Butterfly
-    Gulliver
-    Now

Rating: 4.3/5

Overall, quite happy with the album after listening to all of them carefully. SM you managed to get me back into Super Junior after that disappointing fifth album!

-Rachee

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

{ }