Sunday, September 2, 2012 @ 12:12 PM | 0 Comments

Gave in. Had to write a review about this song since I've been listening to it the whole of yesterday while doing my extended project.

When they announced that another song will follow after One of a Kind, I was expecting another hardcore rap song, not something like this! Not even close. And the fact that they had to censor the name of the song itself didn't help either.

I normally don't like songs with just a guitar at the back cause I think it is boring buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt I love That XX. I don't know why, I just love it! Maybe it's his voice...or the feeling he is giving off. I really admire this about GD actually. He can switch from being so confident in one song to being so depressed in another just like that.


Sorry I have to post the censored version but yeah they might be underage readers here (I am too actually.............but let's just pretend that I am a year older!). Maybe cause I'm not Korean so listening to the uncensored version doesn't affect me that much. And the bleep does make it sound..harsher than it does.

I didn't really pay much attention to the video at first cause I didn't have time to analyse every thing and try to understand it but my sister did so I'm going to relay (Is that the right word?) what she told me.

At first I thought he was just the XX (you go find out yourself what it means k?) he was singing about but my sister was saying how he was actually playing 2 roles. So the GD with the sleek hair, bling blings and tattoos on his neck and fingers is the XX because if you refer to the lyrics "He’s not wearing that ring you gave him, there’s another girl by his side", he took of his ring and was with another girl at the beginning right? Of course he was also the only "version" of GD that was shown interacting with the main girl. And the other GD with his hair down, less bling and always looking depressed (or creepily spying on her) is the one singing his feelings.

Woah can I say how pretty Jennie Kim is?! Damn so excited for YG's new girl group! But I found the age gap a little...odd. I mean 9 years is not that big a deal sometimes but why is she starring in a MV.....of a song she is not allowed to be listening to? And she is only 15 (well 16 in Korea age but still)! But yeah other than that I think she is really pretty...and I like her hair. I also really like the use of filter (that's the term right? Correct me if I'm wrong.) in the scenes. Like during the scenes of Jennie with the XX, it is always a little brighter and there is a yellow-er tint to it while depressed GD is always having this monochrome theme around him and the scenes are blue-er.

After listening to this, I am now kinda excited to see how the full album would be! Oh GD, why do you always surprise me like this?

Rating: 4.8/5


-Rachee

Sigh why didn't I choose a topic related to Korean shiz for my Extended Project? 500 words just like that in less than half an hour. My EP? 500 words A DAY! Urgh back to it now. ):

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

{ }