Saturday, January 5, 2013 @ 9:04 PM | 0 Comments

Perhaps I was a little too rushed into writing the song review for IGAB (I got a boy), but my base opinion still stands strong, although, after a couple more replays, I found the song quite catchy. I still got to give it to them for having the sheer guts to release something like this. Onto the dance aspect of the song.

I LOVE IT. LOVEEEEE ITTTTT.

There's not a single thing I don't like about it. Seriously. From the hat lifting at the start, to shifting rows to have more spotlight on certain members, the fact that a lot more of them have more air time now, and then to the shining spot on Sooyoung to Tiffany's spotlight to Jessica and Seohyun's, and man, can Taeyeon dance!

You would think that being a main vocal is going to deter her from ripping the choreo apart, but that's exactly what she did! I'm genuinely surprised at her dancing abilities. Really.

I realise this doesn't really showcase her dancing abilities, but you've got to watch her in the whole dance!

On the other hand, I can't say the same for the other main vocal. Jessica. Lazy as ever. It's gotten quite funny actually how she just cbf to swing that head of hers or reach down to her toes, only going half way. Other people who aren't fans of them would think it's so unprofessional of her to do so; and I did think so before too, but it's gotten to the point where I'm just so used to her noob-ness at dancing that we all just go, oh there's Jessica for you.

Even in "The Boys" where they're doing this arm move and she's just forever out of beat and never in sync for every single stage. It's like you can't correct it at all.

Here's their latest stage on Music Core, try to spot the JessMistake.


If you couldn't find it, it was around 1:37. Although, I think it was pretty apparent as to where it was since it was a distant shot. Rachel mentioned how gay their outfits were on this stage, and I must agree, they look pretty damn gay with those hearts on their pants. Their other outfits are pretty good though. I guess they just want loads of variety? Who knows. 



Tiffany's kind of off it as well, but she does kind of make sure her hair flips around a little bit more. In this part of the choreo, I found that there wasn't really a specific set of move because while the dancers at the front excluding Tiffany were 90 degrees down to their right, the back row is sort of looking at the front, but then there are some parts where they're looking to their left...and then there's Jessica who's just..I don't even know what to say.

Having said that I loved their dance and everything there was one slight thing that bugged me. At the beginning of the MV when Tiffany comes out and does her little solo bit, and then the girls start to dance, her arms aren't fully extended................I know, it's like who cares, but, it's just annoying! hahah she does it well on live stages, and I know they normally do multiple takes for the MV so I don't know how they got that bit through. If I was the choreographer I'd probably be a little annoyed at that.

That's all for the dance.


-Naz

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

{ }