Saturday, April 6, 2013 @ 9:55 PM | 0 Comments

I AM BACK TO REVIVE THIS BABY OF OURS! I AM SO SORRY ABOUT NEGLECTING YOU BABYYYYYYY!

Anyway, 3 weeks ago a Korean Indie group finally set foot in Malaysia annnnnnd I was there to watch it. It was amazing. So amazing I don't even know how to describe it. All I know is that I went really crazy, shouted a lot and got pissed at everyone that tried disrupting this experience.

Basically I discovered Idiotape about a week or 2 before Future Music and I was absolutely in love with that whole album. Obviously when I found out that they were going to be at Future I immediately started creating the perfect lie to convince my mum about letting me go. And it worked. So last minute but so worth the rush. It was one of the best live stages I've ever been to (even though I haven't been to a lot). Totally worth me running to the stage almost 20 minutes earlier because guess who got to be smack in the middle and all the way at the front. I swear the drummer's stamina is so crazy he just played for nearly an hour straight. Alsooooo managed to get myself in their little video thing (if you can spot me).


Seeing them live just makes me love their stuff even more now. I also realised that I always listen to them on Saturday nights ever since then. Maybe I was trying to relive the moment subconciously.
BUT HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVOURITES BY THEM!


First song in the album, first song I heard of, first song I fell in love with and the song that made me fall in love with them.


Even Floor was only okay to me but OMG IT IS SO GOOD LIVE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY BUT IT JUST IS!


Ahh Melodie. Since this was the only song that had like a line in it, I decided to scream out the lyrics when they played it live and every one probably heard me. Good times.


080509


Sunset Strip


Then SM decided to have this collab thing where they did collaborations with a few electronic artists that included GLEN CHECK AND IDIOTAPE! This remix has such a distinct Idiotape vibe to it but when I tried looking for a song in 11111101 that sounded similar to it I couldn't D:

I don't know how to describe it but their tunes are quite simple but it's still something that I've never heard of ever. Maybe that's why I love them a lot. I guess I now have another album to add to my list of albums to buy!


-Rachee

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

{ }